The application for the scholarships may be downloaded from this website.
rules must be observed.
1. Applicant for this scholarship must be (1) a resident of West Virginia, (2) a graduate of a West Virginia public high school, (3) a student enrolled in a West Virginia college/university, (4) a future teacher planning to teach in West Virginia.
2. All requirements listed on the checklist must be word processed unless noted differently on the checklist. Handwritten applications will not be accepted.
3. All sections of the application form must be completed. Failure to complete any section will result in disqualification.
4. No application will be accepted without the endorsement of the Teacher Education Director or his/her designee. No electronic signatures accepted.
5. All persons making recommendations must personally sign the recommendation. Any submitted without a signature or with electronic signature will be disqualified.
6.Use standard 8 1/2 x11 size paper and printed on front side only for all pages included with the application.
7. No application will be accepted without the most current transcript attached.
8. The post mark date will determine if the application is reviewed by the committee.
9. The recipients of the scholarship must provide Social Security number to the WVARSE Treasurer when requested. Failure to send the Social Security number will result in forfeiture of the scholarship.
10. Applicants must attach a photograph (no larger than 3 x 5) to the front of the application. Scanned photographs will not be accepted.
PREVIOUS WVARSE SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS WILL NOT BE CONSIDEREDThe WVARSE Scholarship Committee will select the recipients of the scholarship. The selection will be based on completeness of the application, adherence to the rules established, application date and post mark date, recommendations, personal qualities, experiences, honors listed, and a true autobiography that reveals more than why the applicant decided to become a teacher.
"To Serve and Not To Be Served"
Virginia Association of Retired School Employees | 200
Elizabeth St., Charleston, WV 25311 |