Become A Member, For So Many Reasons
For years, WVARSE has been working to make sure West Virginia school employees like you enjoy the retirement you deserve. Become a member, and we’ll provide:
Membership is a small cost that makes a big impact on the quality of life for you and other school employees. But we can’t do it without you. The more members we have, the bigger our voice.
Join WVARSE Today
Phone Lines Open Mon‑Fri 8 am‑5 pm CT
Your Association Is Ready To Help
- Promote the economic, social, and professional status of all retired school employees
- Provide an opportunity for expression and interchange of opinions on subjects and issues of special interest to retired school employes
- Act on behalf of retired school employees on problems involving their welfare and personal needs
- Work for state and federal legislation to improve retirement living for members of the Association and other citizens.
- Aid in the strengthening of county associations of retired school employees
- Develop a cooperative and unified program of activities among retired school employees at the state, regional, and county levels
- Support other organizations in their efforts to advance education
- Promote membership in the National Retired Teachers division of the American Association of Retired Persons' Legislative program
We're the organization guarding your retirement income from legislative changes that could reduce your pension. We've been fighting for years, and this is no time to stop. Pensions could be questioned here and all over the country at any time.
Together, we can defend pensions. WVARSE works tirelessly in the West Virginia legislature to protect your future pension benefits. An experienced lobbyist, paid by WVARSE, provides legislative representation, proposes legislation, obtains sponsors, and testifies on behalf of WVARSE members at legislative committee meetings.
When you retire, you often lose benefits such as dental, vision, and other insurance. Your state benefits, and even Medicare, might not cover you in these areas. In fact, there's no out-of-pocket maximum.
The good news? Your membership gives you access to a wide range of quality insurance plans. As a member, you'll enjoy access to policies designed to protect your medical and financial well-being--everything from life insurance to Medicare supplement plans. And, thanks to our strength in numbers, you can enroll in the coverage you need at discounted group rates.
Looking forward to meeting others and socializing again? Join WVARSE now and be ready for future opportunities like nights out with friends old and new, group travel, volunteering, and more. And that's just the beginning. You'll be invited to meetings and other events that will keep you connected to like-minded people.
Research shows that social connection is critical to our mental, physical and emotional health. That's reason alone to join. Become a member today and be among friends.
Membership in WVARSE also includes access to news updates, WVARSE events, chapter organizations, and the ability to talk to a live person about your membership benefits or any of WVARSE's activities.
With so many advantages to membership, it’s time to join your association at such a reasonable cost.